Particular scheduled task won't get executed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Particular scheduled task won't get executed

I installed a modification that uses a scheduled task to check for inactive users. The problem is that the task won't get automatically executed when I need it, only manual activation works. I tried to refresh my forum at the specified time but nothing happened (there is no record in the log). The run time set in the scheduled tasks manager in AdminCP just changed to the next one.

Other scheduled tasks work fine.

Any ideas what's wrong with it?
    (I doubt that the modification has something to do with this problem, that's why I ask here.)

You would have to contact the author of the modifications as we don't support third party modifications. Sorry.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

I realize that but unfortunately the modification is no longer supported.

I thought that this issue doesn't have anything to do with the modification - does it? As I mentioned before, manual activation works just fine. It just doesn't get executed automatically (which should be handled by the task manager, right?).

Comment

That depends on whether it's been setup correctly within the modification's code - if not, it may not run automatically
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

You can check if it is active under AdminCP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager. Edit the specific task and check if it's activated and if the settings are correct; with the rest you would need to contact the author of the modifications.
          No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Even if it is set up properly, if there is something in the code that doesn't work, then it won't run.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X