Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Way to Exclude Forum Blocks / Forum Ads / Forum Notices from Displaying on Certain SubForums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Any Way to Exclude Forum Blocks / Forum Ads / Forum Notices from Displaying on Certain SubForums?

Hi,

As a background, I am using GoogleAds on my forums and they are displayed via two methods, thorugh the "Advertising" module in AdminCP, "Notices" in the Admin CP and through Forum Blocks, also in AdminCP.

Recently I have received a notice from GoogleAds that some pages on my site contravene their policy. After narrowing it down, I realise only perhaps one subforum contains content that does not quite fit into GoogleAd's policies. The rest of the site (95%) does.

My question is whether it is possible to stop the Noties/Ads and/or Forum Blocks from displaying on certain subforums, or on threads belonging to that subforum? I reckon the problem is probably with "Ads" as forum blocks only display in ForumHome and not the specific subforums. I also note that it is possible to set the Ad or Notices option to only display on a particular subforum or forum, but what I need is to NOT display on that one (ie exclusive rather than inclusive), and leave it on the remaning ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Actually we don't support modifications, www.vbulletin.org would be the proper place to ask for this.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know thisi s a modification, I thought there could be some hidden option somewhere that I didn't know about.

Comment

Forum Blocks only appear on the Forum Home page by default - if you have them on any other forum page, this comes from an add on such as the 'Everywhere Sidebar' one
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X