Contact us not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Contact us not working

Forum contact us not working. submitted contact us form showed message sent successfully. But they are not really delivered to my email nor spam folder.
    i have use smtp and also turn smtp still could not fix the error.

I received the Diagnostics email but contact us message are not delivered, please help

its seems the message are delivered to
    dbmaster@example.com where do i make changes to this email dbmaster@example.com
    Code:
    A message that you sent was rejected by the local scanning code thatchecks incoming messages on this system. The following error was given: "Relaying not permitted"------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------Received: from felix by premium1.web-hosting.com with local (Exim 4.80) (envelope-from <myemail@premium1.web-hosting.com>) id 1U6A0Z-002olH-AO for dbmaster@example.com; Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:22:35 -0500To: dbmaster@example.comSubject: vBulletin Database Error!From: "dbmaster@example.com" <dbmaster@example.com>Sender: user@gmail.comReturn-Path: user@gmail.com Message-ID: <20130215012235.36a464cad8e6m>MIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bitX-Priority: 3X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHPSender: <name@premium.com>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:22:35 -0500Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:Invalid SQL:

SMTP: localhost
    sendmail_from: None
    sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    Help
    Results
    No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check email@finder.com shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.
    Last edited by Trendri; Fri 15th Feb '13, 3:33pm.
    money making ideas forum | Business Startup| Marketing Ideas

Hello, firstly the email dbmaster@example.com is the technical email in config.php file you can edit it via editing that line in includes/config.php file
    PHP Code:
        //    ****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
        //    If any database errors occur, they will be emailed to the address specified here.
        //    Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.
    $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = 'dbmaster@example.com'
    contact us email sent to the webmaster email address AdminCP->Settings->Options->Site Name / URL / Contact Details->Webmaster's Email

Also you can set a separate email for contact us from AdminCP->Settings->Options- Site Name / URL / Contact Details->Contact Us Email

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

Technical email was change its still not working, password reset message are not delivered too.
      Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
      Hello, firstly the email dbmaster@example.com is the technical email in config.php file you can edit it via editing that line in includes/config.php file
      PHP Code:
          //    ****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
          //    If any database errors occur, they will be emailed to the address specified here.
          //    Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.
      $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = 'dbmaster@example.com'
      contact us email sent to the webmaster email address AdminCP->Settings->Options->Site Name / URL / Contact Details->Webmaster's Email

Also you can set a separate email for contact us from AdminCP->Settings->Options- Site Name / URL / Contact Details->Contact Us Email

Comment

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

i have check every setting on the link you provided could not see where the error is coming from. users don't receive password reset message and contact us message are not delivered. Solution please

Comment

vBulletin uses the server to send its email, so if you have followed all the troubleshooting steps in the guide above, and it still isn't working, you will need to speak to your host.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Do the emails stay in the queue maybe? You will find out about it when looking at your main AdminCP screen (Number of Queued E-Mails)...
              No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

my number of Number of Queued E-Mails 20,374 . The prob could be from this Queued emails.
                Is there any way to empty the qued emails?

Comment

Go to:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Email Options

...and set the 'Number of Emails to Send Per Batch' value to 5,000. This will clear your queue in around 50 minutes as the Scheduled Task should be running every 10 minutes. You can simply disable this by setting 'Use Cron Based Sending' to No however this will try sending all those mails at once which your server/host may not like...
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...
                  - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Its working well now, My queued Messages where all sent out today and the contact us messages where all delivered.

Thanks everything is working well now.

Comment

Glad you got it fixed

Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment