Google Adsense Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Google Adsense Help Needed

Question1: How to display Google adsense ad only on first post between contents left side (468x60 ) and below first post in looklike content box ( 728x90 ).
    Question2: How to hide adsense to display ad in specified forums ( where i don't want to display adsense)
    Question3: It is possible adsense automatically hide if there is objectional words in title and content description
    TalkinWebForum.com - Join Us
    sigpic

#3 is not possible without a custom modification of some sort.

#1 I am a bit confused as a 468x60 banner would not usually go to the left of content- the more square ads usually go inside the first post and there is a default location on the right which would be best to use- basically just paste the ad code into the ad_thread_first_post_content template.

If you really want a custom location then you must manually edit the postbit or posbit_legacy template depending on the one you use. You'd look for the code {vb:raw post.message} which is where the message text will appear. Use custom HTML to setup your ad where you want. Finally you must put all your ad code inside a template conditional. You can look on vbulletin.org for more help with template conditionals but in this case the one you'd need is:

Code:
    <vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshow']">
    Google Ad Code Here
    </vb:if>
    I'm not sure what a "looklike" content box is but if it is anything other than just displaying the ad again you will need custom HTML to make it look how you want, put the code at the bottom of the postbit (legacy) template.

To hide it in certain forums again you need template conditionals.

It would be something like:

Code:
    <vb:if condition="!in_array($GLOBALS['forumid'], array(2, 3, 4, 5, 6))">
    Ad Code Here
    </vb:if>
    That will show the ad code in all forums EXCEPT the forums with the forumid 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

If you need further help on template conditionals please ask on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Hi

#1. Pl ref the image what i m looking in point 1. Ad is between contents in left side.Click image for larger version

Name:	468.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	3691277
      TalkinWebForum.com - Join Us
      sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X