Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Add Users

Hi,
    I gave a friend admin permission to look after my site, and he deleted lots of users, i have a back up, so how do i re-add just my lost users??

This should be a good place to start.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ervers_restore
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

There is no supported way to just bring back the deleted users- you either restore from the backup (and lose everything since) or you don't.

There is a mod ob vBulletin.org that supposedly can restore deleted users but it is of course not supported by us.

Actually its in the graveyard, sorry. It wouldn't work how you wanted to anyway, it was more for restoring usernames to posts changed to "Guest" users. Didn't work with a database backup.

Comment

i just want to add the users to the database, not any posts theyve done Etc??, can this be done??

Comment

scottsmac do you have access to their usernames and passwords?
          Fergal Crawley
          Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Well i have a back up of the site, so i guess so, im a bit of a noobie really

Comment

Thee is a text importer in impex that would allow you to import usernames and email addresses if you could create a csv file of only the names you want imported.

Unfortunately you'd need to reset all this passwords since you can't decode the password already in the database and you can only import plane text password using the text importer.

Impex Manual: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Comment

This is it, import the users, and the passwords are not a problem, as they could use password recovery

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X