Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the correct procedure, themes download/upload.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    You can just export it and import it onto the live site as a stand alone theme. I've done that myself many times. Doesn't need to have a parent if it has no parent on the test site.

Export from test site > Upgrade Live Site > Import to live site.

That should do it.

Leave a comment:

• HeLLRZR
    replied
    Sorry if I was unclear, let me try again.

I have a test environment running 4.2.0 where as my live website is running 4.1.3.

Now on my test environment, I purchased a theme and installed it successfully. However there are multiple things which I want to change on this theme, so I am making theme on my test environment.

Once I have the theme to my liking on the test environment, I want to upgrade my live site and apply my modified theme.

So I would like to know the procedure for doing so.

Do I export the theme and then when I reimport it I use the original theme as a parent?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Not quite sure what you mean, but to install a new style you simply import it an upload any image folders that came with it.
    Then if required you can set it as the default style using the style manager.

The person or company that supplied the style can help with any specific instructions that may apply to it.

Leave a comment:

• What is the correct procedure, themes download/upload.

Hi all,

I just purchased a theme, I am making multiple changes to it to get it to me liking.

Is this procedure correct :

1- Once finish I download it.
    2- I reupload it point to the original as a parent.

The reason I am doing it this way is that I am modify the them on a test server, I need to know how to install it to a live site.

Thanks,