Duplicate posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Duplicate posts

Since upgrading to vB4.2 from 3.something my site is plagued with duplicate posts - generally in a pair, but sometimes in a triple.

These occur with the same timestamp. I have 'minimum time between posts' set to 60 seconds, and this seems to be providing no protection at all.

I turned off the autosave feature, as users were often getting the 'Leave page or stay on page' dialogue box and I thought it may have been related, but the duplicate posts persist.

I'm hosted in the Rackspace cloud, so there shouldn't be a shortage of grunt to service my site. We regularly have c1500 concurrent users and have peaked at c3,500 without hitting a performance issue.

Googling reveals a lot of similar complaints but I've yet to find a solution, so all and any help appreciated as my users are starting to get a bit fed up with this 'feature'!

Anyone? Please...!

Comment

Mind providing a screenshot and link to a thread where there are duplicate posts?
      Former vBulletin user

Comment

What version of php are you running?
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
          Mind providing a screenshot and link to a thread where there are duplicate posts?
          There's an example of a triple post here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...54#post5501154 (some slight nsfw content in that thread - sorry - it's the first one I found)

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          What version of php are you running?

Comment

Try to reproduce this on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

Try to reproduce this on a default style: Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style] Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System Also run a file check to look for customized files: Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions
              The default style failed - still a stream of duplicates.

I've not disabled all plugins and there's not been a duplicate in the 30 or so minutes since so that may have done the trick. If it has, presumably it's a matter of adding them back one by one to try and identify the culprit(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bozza View Post
                Try to reproduce this on a default style: Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style] Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System Also run a file check to look for customized files: Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions
                The default style failed - still a stream of duplicates. I've not disabled all plugins and there's not been a duplicate in the 30 or so minutes since so that may have done the trick. If it has, presumably it's a matter of adding them back one by one to try and identify the culprit(s)?
                Yes...disable all plugins then manually add them back until you fund the one causing the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X