Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin CHMOD settings: secure, functional and optimal as possible for files and folders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] vBulletin CHMOD settings: secure, functional and optimal as possible for files and folders?

I generally have all files on 644 and all folders on 755, and this works fine, but I'm not sure about how secure that is. I want to discuss the safest, most functional and most optimal CHMOD settings for files and folders. Most importantly perhaps, what should the includes folder be? A hacker recently kept replacing the config.php to hijack the entire forum and redirect it to his ads, and he also got database access, corrupted the database and deleted one member from the database. The includes folder was on 755, and I'm thinking this wasn't secure enough. Should the config.php be set on 644, 444 or 440? I want to keep it as restricted as possible.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; Thu 31 Jan '13, 9:24am.
    “Human beings are animals: very unusual animals, to be sure, but nevertheless animals. In origin, we are not fallen angels, but apes arisen.” — Michael H. Hart

You should password protect your /includes/, /install/, and /admincp/ directories using an htacces password. I don't see changing chmod from 755 is going to be useful.

Check out this thread- https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ms-More-Secure

Comment