Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Logged in Admincp goes to 404 Error

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I am sure that you've a problem with .htaccess file, I try to open the forum archive and it has the same problem and redirect me 301 to http://trailviewer.org/archive , look at the screenshot

    Click image for larger version

Name:	archive.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	3691192

    rename the root .htaccess file, delete your browser cache and try again !

    Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

    Comment


    • #17
      Will try right now...

      - - - Updated - - -

      Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
      I am sure that you've a problem with .htaccess file, I try to open the forum archive and it has the same problem and redirect me 301 to http://trailviewer.org/archive , look at the screenshot

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]63980[/ATTACH]

      rename the root .htaccess file, delete your browser cache and try again !

      That worked I can see my admincp now thanks! What is wrong with it and how can I fix it?

      Here's my .htaccess
      Code:
      Options +FollowSymLinks
      RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*/index.php
      RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php$ http://trailviewer.org/$1 [R=301,L]

      Comment


      • #18
        Erm... sometimes forums are simply evil (lol) try this - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/376720-Disabling-Modifications-OR-Plugins-via-SQL-Query-Fix-AdminCP-Forum-Access

        Edit: Whoops! I didn't see the 2nd page in pagination sorry for late response.


        Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by d0cpaul View Post
          Will try right now...

          - - - Updated - - -




          That worked I can see my admincp now thanks! What is wrong with it and how can I fix it?

          Here's my .htaccess
          Code:
          Options +FollowSymLinks
          RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*/index.php
          RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php$ http://trailviewer.org/$1 [R=301,L]
          Did you have that .htaccess in admincp? This may be one of those cases where you need to have a primary .htaccess for wordpress then another for vBulletin to bypass the rewrite rule for index.php. Alternatively it could be this possibly - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...eptable-errors


          Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
            Did you have that .htaccess in admincp? This may be one of those cases where you need to have a primary .htaccess for wordpress then another for vBulletin to bypass the rewrite rule for index.php. Alternatively it could be this possibly - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...eptable-errors
            That .htaccess file with in my forum root. I have a .htaccess in my Wordpress and my forum root.

            For some reason I can't get the forum index to work. My site use to be setup like http://trailviewer.org/forum for the forum index instead of http://trailviewer.org/forum.php and since my upgrade it's stayed at http://trailviewer.org/forum/activity.php and I can't seem to change it back either...

            Comment


            • #21
              You may change the default page for your site in the Navigation Manager. There is a sticky at the top of this forum about that.

              Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

              W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                You may change the default page for your site in the Navigation Manager. There is a sticky at the top of this forum about that.
                I'm not trying change the nav tabs. My forum index (where it would show all of my forums) would be displayed at /forum as you can see it linked in my navtabs.. I don't think altering the Navigation Manager will change this. I believe it has something to do with my .htaccess or index.php... Any ideas?

                Comment


                • #23
                  This is why i asked you on my first response originally, what was in your htaccess.

                  You will need a rewrite rule to remove forum.php from the url, your not going to get around that, once i viewed your site i seen you had wp installed, which in this setup, it always breaks one url or more in vb.

                  You might also want to check your PM's i sent you a nice link to a site for gmap4, which would work good on your site, as its trail based.
                  Gentoo Geek

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by snakes1100 View Post
                    This is why i asked you on my first response originally, what was in your htaccess.

                    You will need a rewrite rule to remove forum.php from the url, your not going to get around that, once i viewed your site i seen you had wp installed, which in this setup, it always breaks one url or more in vb.

                    You might also want to check your PM's i sent you a nice link to a site for gmap4, which would work good on your site, as its trail based.
                    I already posted my .htaccess after your response and have a rerwite rule but there's something wrong with it.
                    Code:
                    Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*/index.php RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php$ http://trailviewer.org/$1 [R=301,L]
                    Breaks one or more url? I haven't had any problems with it before but what do you suggest I do?

                    Thanks, I will make sure to check it out once I get everything back up and running.

                    UPDATE:

                    Doesn't the index.php or forum.php have to be altered too? If so it got overwritten when I did the upgrade and for the life of me can't remember what I have to change..
                    Last edited by d0cpaul; Thu 31 Jan '13, 11:52am. Reason: Update

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Whats your current settings for admincp --> Forum Home: Options

                      From what you posted previously, your using forum.php. not index.php, so what file is actually being used?

                      Did you delete the original index.php from vbulletin & rename forum.php to index.php?

                      With you stripping off index.php, vbulletin is defaulting back to activity.php, the activity program vb added ranks in the top 5 of the worst decisions they have made.
                      Gentoo Geek

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by snakes1100 View Post
                        Whats your current settings for admincp --> Forum Home: Options

                        From what you posted previously, your using forum.php. not index.php, so what file is actually being used?

                        Did you delete the original index.php from vbulletin & rename forum.php to index.php?

                        With you stripping off index.php, vbulletin is defaulting back to activity.php, the activity program vb added ranks in the top 5 of the worst decisions they have made.
                        Script Name for Forum Home Page: index

                        So I guess that would mean I'm using index.php?

                        So I changed forum.php to index.php and it works fine! I always forget to change that when I upgrade..

                        Thanks guys for all your help.

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X