X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Weird Behaviour when trying to enable Facebook Connect

So I have been trying to enable Facebook Connect on a VBulletin Forum

On Chrome I get this error message and the forum doesn't show at all:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4513

On IE I get this error message, but it shows the forum but with no FacebooK Connect Option:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Finally on Aurora (Firefox) I don't see any error messages and the forum and Facebook Connect all seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?
    Last edited by Justin Wheeler; Fri 25th Jan '13, 9:23pm.

Have you tested this on your "Default" Style?

Do you have any modifications currently running?
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com

Comment

Did you test the latest versions of the browsers? Which versions did you use?
      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Thanks for the answers. This is for a pretty much default installation of VBulletin. I haven't added in any Modifications, except that I have allowed Digital Access Pass, a Wordpress Membership software to add new users to the Forum. However that doesn't add any new code to VBulletin.

About the only change I have made to VBulletin was to add in a logo!

www.marketerspassport.com/forum is the website url.

I have tested it on the latest versions of Chrome, IE 10 and Aurora which is updated regularly.

I am using the most uptodate version of VBUlletin 4.20
        Last edited by Justin Wheeler; Sat 26th Jan '13, 3:27am.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Wheeler View Post
          I haven't added in any Modifications, except that I have allowed Digital Access Pass, a Wordpress Membership software to add new users to the Forum.
          That's a modification, since it interacts with the vBulletin database.

You'll need to disable this, create a new style with no parent, and browse the site using that, to rule out styles or modifications being a cause.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Your web host doesn't have their tmp directory setup correctly, or session storage setup. Only your web host can resolve this issue

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              That's a modification, since it interacts with the vBulletin database.

You'll need to disable this, create a new style with no parent, and browse the site using that, to rule out styles or modifications being a cause.
              What do you mean by create a new style with no parent?

WHat really confuses me is this seems to be an intermittent problem. I spoke to my webhost who said that they actually saw the FB Connect Button fine in Chrome and Firefox, but not in IE.

I can see it fine in Firefox, but not in Chrome at all and in fact the site is broken for me when I have FB Connect switched on. However I asked some people to check it in Chrome and it worked for them, so I assumed it might have been some kind of a DNS issue...

But then I had an email from a member who said they couldn't see it. So I have now turned it off again.

I temporarily disabled the DAP integration and that doesn't seem to be it... and to be honest I didn't really expect it could be and my webhost tells me it doesnt seem to be tmp directory set up incorrectly. I use a VPS so perhaps I can check the setting if you can tell me how to?

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

Did you get in touch with your web host yet like Zachery advised?
                  No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
                    Did you get in touch with your web host yet like Zachery advised?
                    Hi Hartmut, Yes I did as I mentioned in my update to the post above. They can't see anything that would be stopping this from working. I am on a VPS though so I should be able to look and see too if you can point me in the direction of where to look.

Comment