CMS Layout in Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] CMS Layout in Forum

I want a sidebar at all times with all of the same widgets from my CMS to display in the forum. I have advertising and widgets that I would like to have in the right sidebar. I did activate a forum sidebar through the settings. But the widgets it offers are limited, and styled different. Can I use the same layout somehow, or template? What would be the best way for me to achieve this?

Currently it displays the sidebar only when viewing forum categories/sections. But once you click on a section to view threads it goes to full page with now sidebar.

Thanks, Clayton

Unfortunately there is no way to use CMS widgets outside the CMS. It's not a matter of copying templates, CMS widgets require CMS files to be running.

There are 3rd party add-ons on vBulletin.org that allow you to use the Forum Home Sidebar on all forum pages but you are still limited to forum blocks, not cms widgets.

Comment

Does that mean I can use forum blocks all the way down to when viewing a thread just like in this page were in?

Comment

Yes, there are at least 2 add-ons, Sidebar Everywhere and Sidebar Anywhere that allow you to use the sidebar on showthread (this page), and a bunch of other pages (forumdisplay, etc...)

Please remember if you need support with a mod you must ask in the mod thread on vBulletin.org.

Comment

Ok, any recommendations between the two?

Comment

Well... I am biased toward Sidebar Anywhere because I wrote it ... But Sidebar Everywhere allows you to choose different forum blocks on different pages so it really depends on your needs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X