Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade from 4.1.13 PL5 to 4.2.0 problems, require assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgrade from 4.1.13 PL5 to 4.2.0 problems, require assistance.

Good day all,

I need some help.

I am moving our websites from shared hosting to a dedicated server, and I figured this would be a good time to upgrade since our website can remain live before I actually make the move.

This is the process I followed.

1- Closed the Live forums via Admincp
    2- I modified the Site Name / URL / Contact Details of the live website to point to the new IP of the dedicated server.
    3- Performed a SSH backup of the database.
    4- Reverted my changed to the Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
    5- Reopened my live forums.
    6- Created a DB and DB USER with the same name of the dedicated server.
    7- I restored the DB via SSH
    8- Uploaded the files (4.2.0) to the dedicated server.
    9- Modified the config.php, update dbname, douser, and changed the cookie prefix and I also disabled all plugins.
    10- Ran the upgrade script (No Errors)

I see the forums, however I cannot login? I cant login to the admincp either, screen just refreshes and comes back to the login screen?

What did I miss?

The dedicated server isnt going to work correctly until you change the dns to point to it, unless your using the IP directly, which in that case, your URL on the dedicated server should reflect the IP for the URL.

You can use tools.php (place it in the admincp folder or the install folder) to correct the URL on the dedicated server, as well as reset the cookie domain etc to blank.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

Hi Snakes,

Yes I figured that out last night, I user the tools.php to reset the cookie domain, that was indeed the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X