Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Online Page - extra slow to turn onto - times out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Who's Online Page - extra slow to turn onto - times out!

Hi

I'm experiencing a server time out page, as when I click to view the Who's Online page, it's seems to take forever to turn, until I get that server Time Out page. I've turned off plugins, and makes no difference!

Can any kind soul help me out on how to resolve this, plz? My vB3.8xxx has no issue in this regard and it's on the same server!

Thanks, in anticipation!
    Warm regards,

What version of vBulletin are you running? When did this start happening?
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

vB4.2, and it's the same with other vB4.2 installs, but not vB3.8!
      I've had this issue for some months now, just couldn't get round to sorting it out! Thanks for responding!
      Warm regards,

Comment

Hi, please could you post a link to where it happens.

If you've tried disabling plugins in config.php (as opposed to the admincp) then this will be some sort of server issue.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Disabling Who's Online will actually help speed up your forum however not many like to do that. How active is your site? If there are hundreds if not thousands online perhaps disabling would be best.

Also if you have access to overview your database, you can actually view the session table and see more data on those visiting your site then who's online will show.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
          Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

Speaking from experience, if you have the Who's Online Option set to Resolve IP addresses, it will slow the Who's online page loads.
            http://www.centextalk.com/banners/ce...klogowide3.gif

Comment

Thanks, Mark, Michael, and Prisoner, for your kind replies.

Prisoner, you were right, I unchecked it, and it turned almost immediately, so thanks very much!
              Warm regards,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X