Multiline signatures not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Multiline signatures not working

Users on our installation are experiencing an odd bug that I cannot figure out. Basically, if they enter a multi-line signature in their profile, it does save as multi-lined. If you load up a thread with one of their posts, their signature IS multi-lined. However, if you then reload that thread, the signature no longer has multiple lines.

If I edit the signature via the admincp (Not even changing anything, just load up their profile and save), again, their signature appears as multi-lined in threads, but as soon as you reload the thread, it's back to one line.

If I empty the signature cache via the admincp, again, the signatures have multiple lines and again after reload are back to a single line. I'm at my wit's end here. I've got no idea where this behavior is coming from and it's driving me nuts. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Do you allow HTML in the signatures?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

No we do not. Also, like I said, on the first save, the signature actually looks correct. New lines are converted <br> as you'd expect them to be. It's just after that first page load, the signature reverts back to single line format for some reason.

I just checked all of the usergroups that one of the users belongs to and none of them allow HTML in the signature.

Comment

What are the usergroup signature permissions set to? Can you take a screenshot?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65189.png
Views:	23
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	4274416 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65190.png
Views:	11
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	4274417 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65191.png
Views:	56
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	4274418 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65192.png
Views:	33
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	4274419 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65193.png
Views:	29
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	4274420 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_65189.png
Views:	20
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	4274421 Yeah. But as we have many usergroups, it's going to be a lot of screenshots. Here are the signature settings for all of the usergroups that this one particular user belongs to, though this is affecting many more than just him.

Comment

Try allowing basic bbcode.

Comment