Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Navigation Manager Selected Tabs

Hello,

I have looked through multiple threads already, but am still not able to get the proper tab to show as selected when using the new navigation manager.

I am using VBAdvanced, so my index.php is defined as adv_index

I have a tab called home and target is index.php I have put adv_index in Tab Script(s),
    next tab is New Posts target is search.php?do=getdaily and I have put search in Tab Script(s),
    next tab is Forum target is forum.php and I have index in Tab Script(s),
    I then have 7 tabs, that are links off site.

When I click on Home, no tabs are selected and when I click on New posts Forum is selected.

To add to the confusion, if I make the home Tab Script(s), adv_index.search when I click on New posts Home is selected, but clicking on Home still has nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben.

Lets start with the Home tab.

What do you have in each field for this tab?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Also the Forum tab should not have any scripts listed.

Comment

For the Home Field I have:

Identity tab_odix_610
        Active Yes
        Title: Home
        Target URL: index.php
        Display order: 10
        Show Permission Name:
        Append 'tabid' to URL No
        Tab Script(s) adv_index

Comment

So I figured out what the issue with "New Posts" selecting the "forum" tab.

Even though I had the "Whats New?" tab marked not active, its display order was set to be right after new posts and had Tab Script(s) set too search.activity, so I'm guess since my New posts was setup as search as well the "Whats New?" tab was actually being selected, but since it wasn't active the next tab which happened to be "Forum" Became selected.

Also I found a band aid for the home button. Within AdminCp --> VBA CMPS --> edit Page There is an option "Add Navbar Link" and you can tell it start, middle, end. When I have it at the start it works just as it should. However I would like to know if there is a proper way of fixing this so that everything is done through the navigation manager, as I am not able to setup any Menus under the Home button.

Comment

I run vBAdvanced and here is how I have my HOME tab set up in the navbar manager; it highlights fine;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	3691132
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I have my home tab setup the exact same way but it will not become selected.

I can set you up with a test name/password for the forum as it's only my test site and see if you can figure out what's going on, as from my experience doing tech support if you have access to the software/computer you can likely solve the problem much quicker.

Comment

After recently having some issues with my site, this problem has come up again. The "Home" Button does not become selected, and none of the sub menus display.

I have the same setup as before the cmps_index.php page has been changed to index.php (it has been changed in vba options as well)

The settings that I have for the "Home" button are:

Identity: tab_nzc4_115
                Product: Vbulletin
                Title: Home
                Target URL: http://www.thehackersparadise.com (I want it linking to the main homepage)
                Target Menu: Use Target URL
                Display order: 10
                Show Permission Name:
                Append 'tabid' to URL: no
                Tab Script(s): adv_index
                Open in new Page: No

I have this exact same setup on a test forum and it is working on the test forum. The only difference that I can see between my test forum and live forum is that in the source code of the test page in the header there is one minor difference:

This is the live page:

var SIMPLEVERSION = "421";
                var BBURL = "http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum";
                var LOGGEDIN = 4583 > 0 ? true : false;
                var THIS_SCRIPT = "adv_index";
                var RELPATH = "";
                var PATHS = {
                forum : "",
                cms : "",
                blog : ""
                }

This is my test forum:

var SIMPLEVERSION = "421";
                var BBURL = "http://www.newsite.thehackersparadise.com/forum";
                var LOGGEDIN = 4583 > 0 ? true : false;
                var THIS_SCRIPT = "adv_index";
                var RELPATH = "index.php"; (this one line is different)
                var PATHS = {
                forum : "",
                cms : "",
                blog : ""
                };

I am wondering if that one difference may be the reason why the tab is not being selected?

Comment

Anyone anything?

I have gone through all of the stickies in this forum to try and get it working.

I've reverted all styles, and tried using the VB4 default theme. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what to try next?

Comment