Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to use Activity Stream

Hi,

I would like to have a "Most popular" tab next to "What's new". The reason - my members would like to see the list of threads instead of list of posts.
    I know that list of most popular threads (7 days, 30 days) can be created using Activity Stream with it's filter. But you can't explain it to new visitors. And if such a button would be in the nav bar, everyone would hit it without explanation and would be happy (means would come again).

I understand that I can create a custom vb page and set a tub for it in nuvbar. My question - how to place in that page results of Activity Stream with filter applied (say popularity/7 days/forum)?

I would be very thankful if you could help me with that my prob. Thank in advance!

P.S. May be I'm inventing something that already invented? May be there is already way to do what my users want - to see a list of threads?
    Last edited by Anatoliy; Mon 14th Jan '13, 10:42am.
    Oregon Fishing Forum

Put this link in the navbar using the Navbar manager (if you are on 4.2.0)

Code:
    activity.php?{session.sessionurl_q}show=forum&time=week&sortby=popular
    If it's going to be a main tab, rather than a subnav link, then to get it to highlight set "Append 'tabid' to URL" to Yes.

For earlier versions you will need to add a link to the navbar template, use this link:
    Code:
    {vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/activity.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}show=forum&time=week&sortby=popular
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you very much!!!! It was soooo easy! But now I want more...
      I would like to add links under navbar "Most Popular Today", "Most Popular This Week", "Most Popular This Month" (like New Posts, Activity streams... Under "What's new". ) I guess url would be

activity.php?{session.sessionurl_q}show=forum&time=day&sortby=popular
      activity.php?{session.sessionurl_q}show=forum&time=month&sortby=popular

But where should I put it? What template? Please advice. Thanks in advance!
      Oregon Fishing Forum

Comment

Is it something too complicated?
        Oregon Fishing Forum

Comment

We will get to you as soon as we can.

I'll have a look at this later on, however in the meantime, can you confirm which version you are running? As this makes a difference to the solution.

Comment

vBulletin 4.2.0 Patch Level 3
            Oregon Fishing Forum

Comment

Ok this assumes you are using 4.2.0 and therefore have the navigation manager.

Most Popular Today:
              Code:
              activity.php?{session.sessionurl_q}show=forum&time=today&sortby=popular
              Most Popular This Week:
              Code:
              Most Popular This Week (Past 30 Days):
              Code:
              activity.php?{session.sessionurl_q}show=forum&time=month&sortby=popular

Comment

Thank you very much!!!
                Oregon Fishing Forum

Comment

One more question. Is it possible for the "Most popular today" (http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/ac...pular&tabid=52) to add some parameter in the url so it displays "started a thread" only and doesn't display "replied to a thread" in the results?
                  Thanks in advance!
                  Oregon Fishing Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Anatoliy View Post
                    One more question. Is it possible for the "Most popular today" (http://www.oregonfishingforum.com/ac...pular&tabid=52) to add some parameter in the url so it displays "started a thread" only and doesn't display "replied to a thread" in the results?
                    Thanks in advance!
                    No, this would require code modifications. The wording you mention is stored in phrases, so you could edit the phrases so that ALL instances of the Activity Stream are worded like that, but you couldn't split it by filter type.

Comment

ok, thank you!
                      Oregon Fishing Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X