Headerand Navbar Padding Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Headerand Navbar Padding Adjustments

Could someone please tell me where I can make a couple of adjustments to some padding to lower the notifications on the top right side of the page and how to center in the middle the search box on the navbar? I am adjusting the default VB Black template and when I increase the header and navbar sizes it messed these two sections up a bit. I would also like to change the white background that is pretty much common to all the posting areas to a light grey.

Here is the image. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	black-template-adjustments.png
Views:	1
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	3725341

Hi BrianC

As this is a custom style, you would need to ask for help from the author of the style - we cannot provide support for custom styles, sorry.
    Or you could try asking at www.vbulletin.org, the modifications site.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark,

It is really not a custom style. It is the default VB with the header and navbar increased in height, a few images and colors changed. Other than a two changes to the navbar and header height there are no changes to code at all. I am glad it look custom . I really do not have any skills accept to change a few settings and images.

Please see the default with the exact couple of changes minus the color and images.

Could you advise how to make the changes on this one. Thanks for any assistance..... FYI... Thanks for reply yesterday on the some width questions. I decided not to do because it was to complex for me. Thanks, Brian

Name:	default-template-adjustments.png
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	3691097

Comment

Can you post a link to the default style where these alterations exist? I'll take a look and see what I can do. The same fixes will then hopefully work n the customised version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          Can you post a link to the default style where these alterations exist? I'll take a look and see what I can do. The same fixes will then hopefully work n the customised version.
          I set the default as the default. http://www.victoriouschristians.com/forums/forum.php
          The reason I need to move the notifications/profiles down a bit is because I have an orange line at the top of my adjusted style. I am matching another program that I want my VBulletin install to look similar to. Thanks

Comment

Ok for your search box, add this to additional.css:
            Code:
            .navbar_search input {
                 margin-top: 7px;
            }
            For the links at the top, I'm going to need a test login (ordinary member), as the guest links seem fine. PM is fine if you prefer.

Comment

Thanks for the adjustment. I was able to move the box. The issue with the links at the top only occurs because I have placed a orange line in the modified style version. I want to drop the links, login about 2 or 3 px....

Login is user/password

Name:	header-background1.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	3691100

Comment

Thanks...I can see now that with your orange line you will need the guest ones doing as well.

Try adding these to additional.css:
                Code:
                .toplinks .logindetails 
                {
                margin-top: 5px;
                }

.toplinks ul.nouser li a 
                {
                }

.toplinks ul.isuser li a 
                {
                }

.toplinks ul.isuser li.welcomelink 
                {
                }

Comment

Thanks for the help....I was able to figure out how to figure out some edits inspecting with Firefox and your examples of what is being edited. You were very helpful.

Comment

One additional question I was not able to resolve. Is it posible to move both the search box and search button on navbar to left a bit to get the search button away from the edge? I would like to move both 5-10 px to left?

Thanks, Brian

Name:	vb-search.png
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	3691103

Comment

Add the following to the additional.css template:

Code:
                      .globalsearch {
                          padding-right:10px;
                      }
                      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                      -
                      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X