Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential vBSEO vulnerability email from VBulletin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are looking for an alternative to VBSEO that is supported, you should check out DBSEO at http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/produ...ragonbyte-seo/ the lite version is free but if you want to import your VBSEO rewrite rules you will need the pro version.

Comment

I have a few vb 3.8x forums using various versions of vbseo 3.5/3.6. On two of them, I see the two lines that are recommended to comment out in the functions_vbseo_hook file repeated 2-3 times. Is it recommended to comment out each instance of those two lines, or is it specific to a certain block of code within the file?
      Project Management Knowledge Base
      Project Planning Info

Comment

The above information is all we received. I don't know anything further than that. I also don't have a copy of vBSEO to test with at this time.

The safest and most secure choice would be to remove vBSEO from your systems and either use native links or a competing product that is still being developed and supported.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I would love to remove vbseo completely, my forum is niche and I do not care if it is found by anyone on the internet or not.
          I am in a lucky position.

BUT how do you remove it without breaking the forum???

regards
          Trevor
          Regards
          Trevor

Comment

Have a look at this archived page from the former vbseo forum for instructions to remove VBSEO

http://web.archive.org/web/201301221...all-vbseo-238/

Comment

Originally posted by RaajS View Post
              I am unable to understand the following part : If you are running the "Suspect File Versions" diagnostics tool, you will additionally need to generate a new MD5 sum of the above file and edit upload/includes/md5_sums_crawlability_vbseo.php to use the new MD5 sum on the line:
              You can ignore this part safely if it is complicated for you

Comment

You dont need to make the Suspect File Versions change.
                Its just a "nice to have" and means that the file you edited wont be listed when you view that page, it has no effect on the security fix itself.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Do you know how to tell if we've been affected by this problem? i.e. how were the IB sites hacked, is there anywhere we can check for code injections?

Uninstalling VBSEO right now...
                  Laptop Forums

Comment

• Zachery
                    Zachery commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Either find a replacement or get rid of VBSEO. There are alternatives available

As Wayne mentioned, the information we posted is all that we received.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X