Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely important feature not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Extremely important feature not working!

Facebook does not recognize bulletin albums thumbnails when you post a link on your profile or page, can somebody explain me why?

Every link when it has a thumbnail generates income for my business so It is crucial that this works, how to fix this or should I just look into another type of site for my business? thanx

What are you mean by doesn't recognize albums! You mean if you paste album URL in FB post that's not appear?
    Facebook permissions is same as guest permission, and when you post any forum thumb taken from AdminCP->Settings->Options->Facebook Options->Image URL
    if you leave Image URL blank facebook will random generate a thumb for URL,

If you customization about that please ask on vBulletin.org

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

Thanx for your reply.
      But for example I copy a link of my albums pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 6.25.42 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	3690937

And go to my facebook page and paste it there like so: (there is no thumbnail) I already checked all permissions and nothing seems wrong.

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 6.24.26 PM.png
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	3690939

But when I post a thread, using photobucket to upload a picture then post it on my thread with IMG tags, it does recognize it:

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 6.39.42 PM.png
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	3690940

Why albums are not showing thumbnails? without that working im screwed, need to totally start from scratch and build a new site so I would like to see why so I could fix it.
      Thanx

Comment

photobucket uses Facebook Meta-tags to define URL thumb, currently no option in vBulletin to define the URL thumb for facebook
        But you can ask at vBulletin.org for modification.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X