• Show
Clear All

• snakes1100
    replied
    You can empty the mailqueue table in phpmyadmin by truncating the table

or

Run the following query:
    TRUNCATE mailqueue;

If you have a table prefix, add it for the manual query.

Leave a comment:

• shelbyforums
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
    You mean that you still keep the mails in queue even after manually running the cronjob?
    No, I want to delete the emails that are in the queue so that they do not go out. I didn't realize I had the cron throttled back to 10 every 10 minutes and I didn't receive the first one for 10 minutes so I wondered whether they were going out at all and I submitted the email multiple times. I do not want the members to get several of the same email so I would like to just delete what is in the mail queue.

And then I will reset the settings to a much higher number , (maybe 500) so they go out more quickly next time.

Thanks for the info so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know how to delete emails currently in the mail queue?

Leave a comment:

• snakes1100
    replied
    Make sure when you enable that option that you also dont have this option set to a low number, as the cron will still only batch off that amount set, so set it to a high number, then run the cron manually.

Number of Emails to Send Per Batch = 1000 (Not 25 or some low number)

You dont want to get tagged as a spammer by a lot of isp's, so dont do over 1000 at a time and give it a break between large batches.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    You mean that you still keep the mails in queue even after manually running the cronjob?

Leave a comment:

• shelbyforums
    started a topic [Forum] How do I clear the mailqueue?

How do I clear the mailqueue?

After reading another thread, I did the following as suggested:
    Set Cron Based Sending back to yes, "Process E-Mail Queue" in tasks, then re-set Cron Based Sending back to No.
    However, I still have over 13,000 emails in the mailqueue. How do I clear these?