A New Spam Method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] A New Spam Method?

This user that registered used the report function to "report" two of my posts this morning around 6:15 AM PST. E-mails were sent out and threads were created in our Forum Discussion forum. All the reported posts contained, though, were spam ads and stuff.

Is this a new method? Usually, they just post spam threads in one or more of our forums.
    Former vBulletin user

No idea, but it could be. I guess that spammers are just trying to find new ways of getting their crap through.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Is your Forum Discussion forum publicly accessible? If so it sounds like a human spammer figuring a way to get some spam onto the forum. If that forum is hidden to the general public it would be a waste to submit spam that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
        Is your Forum Discussion forum publicly accessible? If so it sounds like a human spammer figuring a way to get some spam onto the forum. If that forum is hidden to the general public it would be a waste to submit spam that way.
        No, it's staff-only.

I have it set, though, so reported posts are automatically created as threads there. The 'bot reported two posts of mine from threads it could view (Registered Users).
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X