Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Guests on website, track...?

Hi all,

I have a lot of Guests on my website at one time, usually around 30+. My website I don't believe is really this popular yet and I am worried that possible malicious people are on my forums. The type that usually try to register and post bogus posts. I do manual acceptance to my forums for new registered users so even when they do sign up they dont make it through. It has worked great, however, I wonder if some of these guests are these people and maybe I can block them within the robot.txt?

Is there any way to find out information on guests and how I can block them if I suspect them to be malicious?

I would not worry about it unless you start to run into problems.
    My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
    Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

Most will be bots but 30 is not excessive and unless they become problomatic as stated above don't worry too much.

Bots by the way follow links to your forum so be carefull not to get links from spammy sites or more bots will come.

Comment

Originally posted by donald1234 View Post
        Most will be bots but 30 is not excessive and unless they become problomatic as stated above don't worry too much.

Bots by the way follow links to your forum so be carefull not to get links from spammy sites or more bots will come.

As in if I get links in a post that seem fishy? or?

Comment

No, the links pointing towards your site, you can find out which sites have a link to your site by entering your domain here.

https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X