Moving Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moving Threads

Okay, I don't know if this has already been asked, but I have a question about moving threads. When I moved some, they were still there (yes, they were moved as well to the correct forum), and there's a new icon and a label saying it has been moved. Is there anyway to just move them without all that? I just want to move the threads to a different forum, and no longer have them in that forum, I don't want the icon and label saying they've been moved. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sounds like it's a redirect....just untick the "Leave redirect" box when moving.

In the threads already moved, you can "Remove redirects" in the thread admin menu.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you, I will have to remember that when moving threads. For the ones already moved, what exact part of the admin cp is that located at?

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedChaos95 View Post
        Thank you, I will have to remember that when moving threads. For the ones already moved, what exact part of the admin cp is that located at?
        It's not in the Admin CP.

In the forum where the redirects are, just select the threads with "Moved" and delete them.
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

Here's a quick and dirty template edit if you don't want the redirect box ticked when you move threads:

In template threadadmin_movethread;
          Find this and remove the red code:
          Code:
          <label><input type="checkbox" name="enableredirect" id="redirect" value="1" class="dep_ctrl" tabindex="1" checked="checked" /> {vb:rawphrase yes}</label>
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
            It's not in the Admin CP.

In the forum where the redirects are, just select the threads with "Moved" and delete them.
            Okay, I wasn't sure if that deleted the actual threads, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            Here's a quick and dirty template edit if you don't want the redirect box ticked when you move threads:

Code:
            <label><input type="checkbox" name="enableredirect" id="redirect" value="1" class="dep_ctrl" tabindex="1" checked="checked" /> {vb:rawphrase yes}</label>
            Nice little trick, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedChaos95 View Post
              Okay, I wasn't sure if that deleted the actual threads, thanks.
              Nope. It just deletes the redirects.
              Former vBulletin user

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Code:
                It didn't work, it's still checked for some reason when I go to move threads. I did this in the template editor of my default style, so I don't know what's wrong.

Comment

If there is no 'checked' attribute in the code, the checkbox shouldn't be checked.
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Okay, when I first edited the template code, it must not have went through right away or something because it was still checked by default. I just checked now and it is not checked by default. Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X