How to fix the padding on the right of the forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to fix the padding on the right of the forums

How can I fix the padding on the right of the forums?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	3725206

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	3725207

Thank you!

A link would be better, although that looks like a custom style and the default style has matching padding in those places.
    Last edited by Mark.B; Mon 17 Dec '12, 10:13am.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Here is the link: http://quebec-gamer.ca/forum/forum.php

I only modified the global width of the site the rest is just colors and images.

Comment

I have to be honest, your style looks absolutely fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          I have to be honest, your style looks absolutely fine to me.
          Same here.

Also, a suggestion: You might want to make your navigation bar text color black. That white is hard to see. Maybe even change the background (but keep the text white), because when you hover over the dropdown menus, such as Quick Links, the hover color they use comes from the navigation bar, which, again, makes the white text hard to see.
          Former vBulletin user

Comment

The padding is not fine. You can clearly see less padding on the right side when you hide the right column + the arrow image overlaps the forum list. I will do a fresh install and see what went wrong I guess. The style is not done. I am testing and trying to reproduce what I have on my current phpBB website/forum here : http://fragnet.ca. But I don't know if I should switch to VB4 because of the VB5 situation...

Comment

Originally posted by DFORMS View Post
              The padding is not fine. You can clearly see less padding on the right side when you hide the right column + the arrow image overlaps the forum list. I will do a fresh install and see what went wrong I guess. The style is not done. I am testing and trying to reproduce what I have on my current phpBB website/forum here : http://fragnet.ca. But I don't know if I should switch to VB4 because of the VB5 situation...
              I see it now, after really looking for it.

I'd just leave it, as it's hardly noticeable. I only noticed it because I was looking for it.
              Former vBulletin user

Comment

It's because you have conflicting padding definitions in your body wrapper css.

Code:
                .body_wrapper {
                    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
                    border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
                    padding: 10px 5px;
                Dropping the 5px (or changing it to 10px) fixes the mismatch (at least in firebug it does).
                BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
                  I see it now, after really looking for it.

I'd just leave it, as it's hardly noticeable. I only noticed it because I was looking for it.
                  If you have an eye for attention to detail, it's not something to ignore.

I agree I can only just see it, but clearly the OP doesn't want it like that, and I'd probably be the same.

Trivial? Yes.
                  But I do not blame him in the slightest.
                  I have slaved for hours trying to fix tiny one pixel misalignments in my style.

Comment

Slightly related to your question, your forum doesn't resolve very well at 1024 x 768 screen res, using Google Chrome. Basically it is too wide for the screen and I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to view all the content.
                    Fergal Crawley
                    Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment