Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    You will probably be ok with 5.3 on 3.8. Not 5.4 though.

Again though I would ask...what is it that is SO horrible about vB4 that you would want to downgrade?

Leave a comment:

• Niktator
    replied
    I`m about to downgrade to vb3, too - since vb4 working and finished functions are all in vb3. The great new features of vb4 were sold - but never finished - and if I see the speed of vb4 updates - i`m just giving up.
    VB5 got even less features - so vb3 is the best go.
    I heard of problems with using very new php versions? anyone got a precise information which php version is working for sure? I`m using php 5.3.10 currently.

greets, Nik

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    Really? There are at least 2 other ways to downgrade. The first and easiest would be to follow this guide:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255104
    Following that guide will lose all your attachments, and by the look of it, album images as well.

In theory its always possible, but the reality is that unless you (or someone) writes code to reverse all the datbase changes, its not going to work very well. As far as attachments go, if you have been running on vB4 for a while you have a potential added issue in that attachments can be shared by multiple posts etc in vB4, they cannot in vB3, so backwards converting them would invlove creating new duplicate attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    The only supported way is as per Hartmut's post.

Anyone trying other methods, who then run into difficulties, will find themselves without official support for their issues.

Better would be to try and work through what the user feels they don't like about vB4 and see if this can be mitigated in any way.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
    The only way to 'downgrade' is, if you restore an old backup from your vBulletin 3 forum. Otherwise this is not possible.
    Really? There are at least 2 other ways to downgrade. The first and easiest would be to follow this guide:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255104

Another way would be to convert to another forum, like Mybb or phpBB and then convert back to vb 3x. But this will take more time and several things might be lost in the process, like attachments, passwords, permissions etc.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    The only way to 'downgrade' is, if you restore an old backup from your vBulletin 3 forum. Otherwise this is not possible.

Leave a comment:

• Matrix Leader
    started a topic [Forum] Help me downgrade to vBulletin 3!

Help me downgrade to vBulletin 3!

I don't like vBulletin 4 at all.

Please help me downgrade to vBulletin 3

I know the database is not compatible with 3 is there any easy way to do this?