No announcement yet.

Code Tag Not Wrapping (Scrolling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping threads as per the rules.

I am not on duty at the moment, I will have a look later on for you when I am.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

PM me an admin logon with full admin permissions and I'll take a look.

Comment

For information...we're dealing with this by PM but...the default style issue is caused by the clientscript folder not being writable.

Need that fixing and a working default style creating so we diagnose the original issue.

Comment

Ok after a bit of digging, this is custom style related as the default style works fine.

We can't support custom styles - that said, I did have a look, and all the obvious template reverts don't fix it. Also the code we added tgo additional.css seems to be ignored, even though it works in Firebug.

This particular code box (in the example link earlier in the thread) is unusual in that it has a very very lopng line of text. That is what actually makes this box appear so wide, however it's supposed to limit the width and add scrollbars, which is does do in the default style but not in the custom style.

I have added a "dirty fix" the the bbcode_code template to physically limit the width in the custom style. This is not perfect but will make it usable for everyone.

I would recommend approaching the custom style's author, as something in the css is changing the behaviour of the code boxes (and possibly other things).

Comment

Thanks Mark for your help. Your dirty fix is enough for us, at least better than before.

Comment

Originally posted by blue7 View Post
              Thanks Mark for your help. Your dirty fix is enough for us, at least better than before.
              Yep should keep you going at least.

Comment