Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guests cant join the forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Guests cant join the forum

    When a new member hits complete on his registration form they get the following message

    Code:
    [B]
    
    Not Found[/B]
    
    The requested URL /register.php was not found on this server.
    Apache Server at ringnews24.com Port 80
    Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
    www.koboxingforum.com

    I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

  • #2
    remove ' register here picture' when user click on complete reregistration he clicks on picture not the button .

    Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

    Comment


    • #3
      This is an issue with your custom style

      I am able to successfully register with the default style but can replicate the problem with the custom style.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

      Comment


      • #4
        I see, it was a mod I got from http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=register

        Ill sort this, thanks Ali

        - - - Updated - - -

        Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        This is an issue with your custom style

        I am able to successfully register with the default style but can replicate the problem with the custom style.
        The custom style doesnt have the above mod, Ill see if changing the image size works.
        Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
        www.koboxingforum.com

        I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
          remove ' register here picture' when user click on complete reregistration he clicks on picture not the button .
          Yes it is actually that, though not for the reason you mention.

          The css is interfering with the registration form.

          Since I have admin access to this forum as I have been working on another issue on it today, I have removed it (commented out the code) and it fixes the problem in the custom style.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

          Comment


          • #6
            The image is now gone Mark, I was wanting to keep it to try encourage guest to become registered members, is there any way to keep the register image?
            Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
            www.koboxingforum.com

            I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ringnews24 View Post
              The image is now gone Mark, I was wanting to keep it to try encourage guest to become registered members, is there any way to keep the register image?
              I have PMd you on that, but basically:

              Yes in theory there is, you would need to make it show on every page EXCEPT the registration page (you don't want it there as they are already registering, plus it partially obscures the submit buttons).

              However - my concern is, if it breaks a form on the registration page, then it will probably break forms on other pages. Although this might not matter if people aren't logged in anyway, it could cause unexpected issues.

              Was it an actual mod for vBulletin? If so, I'd go back to whoever wrote it and ask them to fix these issues.

              If it was just some generic register prompting code, I would personally consider ditching it and looking on www.vbulletin.org, there are mods there you can use that will achieve a similar effect which are designed for vB and won't break things.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ringnews24 View Post
                The image is now gone Mark, I was wanting to keep it to try encourage guest to become registered members, is there any way to keep the register image?
                yes, you can use if this script not register then show the image
                like that :
                PHP Code:
                <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'">code if script not register !</if> 
                for more mods vBulletin.org .

                Former vBulletin Support Staff
                Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
                  yes, you can use if this script not register then show the image
                  like that :
                  PHP Code:
                  <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'">code if script not register !</if> 
                  for more mods vBulletin.org .
                  That conditional would not work on vB4, needs to be <vb:if> format for vB4. <if> is vB3 code.

                  Anyhow as it transpires this mod *does* break other things so it needs to go to the mod author to be fixed.
                  This is the mod, for reference:
                  http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=272295
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                  TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    That conditional would not work on vB4, needs to be <vb:if> format for vB4. <if> is vB3 code.

                    Anyhow as it transpires this mod *does* break other things so it needs to go to the mod author to be fixed.
                    This is the mod, for reference:
                    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=272295
                    totally agree

                    Former vBulletin Support Staff
                    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
                      yes, you can use if this script not register then show the image
                      like that :
                      PHP Code:
                      <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'">code if script not register !</if> 
                      for more mods vBulletin.org .
                      3. Open your "header" template and add the following line on top:

                      To show it on every page EXCEP THE REGISTER PAGE, add this code:
                      <vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'">
                      <vb:if condition="$show['guest']"><a href="/register.php"><div class="forcetoregister"></div></a></vb:if>
                      </vb:if>


                      Thats the code I copyied previously, but as you know it still showed it on the registration page.
                      Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
                      www.koboxingforum.com

                      I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would honestly leave this mod alone now until the author sorts it out. It's going to cause more problems than it solves.

                        You can use the notice system to promote signing up to guests....there is a default notice already included, change the wording of it though to something that describes your forum and entices people in.
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                          I would honestly leave this mod alone now until the author sorts it out. It's going to cause more problems than it solves.

                          You can use the notice system to promote signing up to guests....there is a default notice already included, change the wording of it though to something that describes your forum and entices people in.

                          I will leave it alone until the author gets back to me.

                          Cheers Mark & Ali
                          Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
                          www.koboxingforum.com

                          I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X