Unable to upload/attach files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unable to upload/attach files

Moved the site to a new server, and I am unable to attach files to posts, php safe mode is off, even changed from a database storage to a file system attachment storage and still cannot upload attachments it always fails. any ideas what to check for ? using vbulletin 4.2

What is the exact error message you are getting? (hover the red ! in case you don't see any message)
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

error: Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file - that is the message that one our members tells me, I just seem to get a message saying upload of file failed

Comment

Run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Upload - what are the results?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

RESULTS OF THAT TEST....

Pertinent PHP
          Settings
          file_uploads: On
          open_basedir: None
          safe_mode: Off
          upload_tmp_dir: None
          upload_max_filesize: 2.00 MB
          - - - Updated - - -

Do I need a temp directory? if so where is it put and what is the folder called, cmod 777 ??

Comment

You should create a tmp dir (above your public_html if possible) and then enter the full path in your php.ini file. You'll need to then restart apache. If you are not able to do this, you will need to ask your host.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment