Speed optimization with Opcodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Speed optimization with Opcodes

Anyone know about this? i run a parallel blog and want to recompile my Linux install to take advantage of php caching. it currently has SuPHP installed and apparently you can't run both SuPHP and an opcode (like APC) at the same time.

Here is from the host:

Please note that as we have updated you that some websites scripts may not work with PHP without suphp. The suPHP is a must as it provides an additional layer of protection on servers. It causes php scripts to run under the account username instead of the user ‘nobody’ which is the user that apache/php would run under on a server that is not running suPHP.

Please update us if you want to proceed with recompiling with APC so that we will do it for you.
    suPHP I dont believe is necessary as while I am on a VPS with WHM installed I do not resell accounts. This VPS is solely used by myself.

You can run suphp with nginx as cache.
    Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
    Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
      You can run suphp with nginx as cache.
      I'm not sure how to do that.

I did have my host install APC this morning and they disabled SuPHP. Everything seems to be OK; but my wordpress install is getting memory errors when going into certain areas of the WP-ADMIN console. Realize that's nothing to do with vBulletin.

What else do I need to do to ensure optimization is happening ? Are there changes to the config file? I need a little bit of hand holding here. Just want to make sure I'm taking advantage of all the optimization that is possible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X