Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum sideblock CMS Articles - strange behaviour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesr
    replied
    Excellent. I tested that and it worked.

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    Can't say that I understand a lot about that area, but it seems like it might be a problem with the code. If you look at the file includes/block/cmsarticle.php around line 242 you'll see something like this:
    Code:
    // get category options
    $categories = vBCms_ContentManager::getCategories();

If you change it to this:

Code:
    // get category options
    $categories = vBCms_ContentManager::getCategories(false, false, 500, 0, true);
    then all the categories appear. (It requires adding 5 parameters because the first 4 are the default values but they all have to be included to be able to set the 5th).
    Last edited by kh99; Thu 13 Dec '12, 4:21am.

Leave a comment:

• charlesr
    started a topic [Forum] Forum sideblock CMS Articles - strange behaviour?

Forum sideblock CMS Articles - strange behaviour?

Hope someone can shed some light.

In the sideblock settings for "CMS Articles" something appears odd about the "categories limit" list box - it only shows 2 alternatives [All Categories OR Bordersdown Articles > Site Docs] but none of my other many categories appear in the list box. Is this something odd due to my hierachy or something? Confused..... Horrible feeling I've already asked this

Originally posted by solved
    http://www.bordersdown.net/ << Latest article Halo - the revolution that came and went is in the "Features" section. Category is "Editorial" which is assigned to the Features section.
    http://www.bordersdown.net/forum.php << Forum sideblock "Latest Articles" is the 'CMS Articles' block type arranged by "New Started", with Categories Limit = All categories and Section Limit = All sections.

However, the Halo article does not appear in the sideblock results on the forum homepage. I have cleared the cache.

If I change the Section Limit to "Features", other older articles in the Features section appear in the sideblock results on the forum homepage (immediately).

Any idea why it's not showing?

EDIT: Sorry ignore all that - the writer had switched the "permissions preview" option. However the question above remains valid
    Last edited by charlesr; Wed 12 Dec '12, 8:54am.