No announcement yet.

Can I stop certain domains registering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can I stop certain domains registering?

Recently getting a lot of spam registration on my forum. The vast majority have a .vn domain (Vietnam?) and I wondered if it's possible to stop this particular domain from registering?

Yes, under options it has banned email, and banned ip address sections. If you simply put .vn no one from Viet nam will be able to register I banned the entire Phillipine islands it got so bad. LOL I used the new question/answer to fight spam, make people look up something in relation to what your sites about. Most spammers wont go through the trouble for a penny a post

Comment

Brilliant, I've done that....now let's see how it goes!

Many thanks :-)

Comment

OK.....I put .vn in the exclusion box and still got registrations :-( Changed it so that anything with .vn was banned but still getting registrations!

Comment

Still getting these :-( Any ideas anyone? I guess I'm just not doing it correctly!

Comment

You were adding

@vn

under AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Banning Options and also activated Aggressive Email Banning?
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

No, I was just putting .vn I'll try again with @vn, many thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X