Delete Attachments By Age And Forum Category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete Attachments By Age And Forum Category

I run an audio recording forum. My attachment folder is at around 100GB due to all the mp3 uploads we have for contests and such. All the mp3 attachments from old contests (in specific forum categories) are of zero value to the community and could be trashed when they are a year old or so. I was curious if there was a good safe way to delete mp3 from certain forum categories AND are > 1 year old. I did see that there was a time option in the Attachment Search feature, but I do have good content (mp3s) that needs to stay from 2008, but it's segregated by the forum category.

I'm cool with SQL queries if you've got one. I just didn't want to take any risks on this one.

Thanks!
    Brandon Drury
    Payday Advance

In the Admin panel, there is a section for Attachments and a Prune Attachments field. You can find attachments >365 days and from the resulting screen, decide which ones to delete. Unfortunately, the screen doesn't say which forum they're in.

Kurt

Comment

Yeah, I didn't see an option for selecting the forum, either. That's a biggie for me on this one. Hopefully, someone will know if I can write a simple SQL query for this one.
      Payday Advance

Comment

A database query wouldn't remove the files from the folder, of course. I think you'd need someone to write a php script to do it if you don't want to do each one by hand.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X