Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Below Header and Above Footer Ads Showing Up, even though they're deleted from system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Below Header and Above Footer Ads Showing Up, even though they're deleted from system

Hi,

This is my first posting to the support forums. Thanks in advance for help. I am looking for help with an issue I am running into whereby ads are showing up in the global below navbar and above footer positions, even though I have deleted them. Is there a setting or cache that I need to empty.

Here are the steps I have done:

Posted sample ads in the global below navbar and global above footer positions - See Image 1 screenshot attached
    Verified that the ads were showing up
    Deleted the Ads - See Image 2 screenshot attached showing no ads are there
    Tried viewing the pages in different browsers and from different PCs...ads still there.

Thanks. Screen shots below

DennyClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1-Ads shown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	3725114Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2-Ad Manager.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	3725115

Have u checked on another brower?

try admincp -> maintainance -> Clear cache
    www.jntuhub.com | www.jntuhub.in |

Comment

Did you add them directly to the templates or via the Ad Manager?
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

post removed... (by mistake posted here )
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jntu Hub; Thu 29 Nov '12, 5:16am.

Comment

Sorry but what has signatures got to do with Ads?

If you're having an issue with signatures, pelase start a new thread for your issue
          Vote for:

-

Comment

sorry mistake

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ature-problems

i felt that i have posted here....

Comment

Having the same problem.

The global below navbar in my Default theme has the google adsense I obviously installed some time or another.

This last upgrade to 4.2, I was removing ads from site.

I have no ads setup in ad manager, and this particular template is text color black, cannot be reverted, and if I just delete the template code in the box and save, that works, removing the ad, but then the template name color is red indicating a changed template, which is opposite of what it should be.

I wish to keep all of my templates in the default theme unaltered and only alter my child theme for my site.

But this is now not the case.

edit to add,... I never of practice edit the vbDefault theme, so I believe this ad code was installed using the ad manager. Since I have deleted all ad blocks in my ad manager, I suspect the removal of the code now pushed it into my template ad_global_below_navbar.

- - - Updated - - -

Update...

I decided to experiment and reverted the ad_global_below_navbar in the default style.
              This of course brought back the google ads.

Then in the Ad Manager (which displays no adverts installed,.. I created a new ad called test, with the ad code as "test", and saved.

Now I had the ad I created listed in my ad manager in acp, and I also refreshed my forum page, and the google ads were gone, replaced by the text "test".

Then I returned to the ad manager in acp, and deleted the ad that I created.

Low and behold, that corrected the problem.

The template is now empty, the template does not show up red, and the ad manager lists no ads setup.

Must of been a snafu in my 4.2 upgrade or something?

Problem seems fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

final update,... all seems well now,...cept...

I have a template that is names "ad_" and that is it.

Dont know where it came from and it seems derfault, but I cant find any reference for it anywhere.

Just appeared after I thought I resolved this issue.
              Last edited by smirkley; Thu 29 Nov '12, 1:30pm.

Comment

So, it looks like the "ad_global_below_navbar" and "ad_global_above_footer" templates took the ad code (DoubleClick code) and hard coded it into their respective templates. That seems kind of odd. When I look at those templates using the "Search in Templates" feature in adminCP, it displays the code that I pasted into the Ad Manager screen. When I replace the DoubleClick code with something else, that works. Why would it hard code it instead of calling it from a database field or file or something? Why wouldn't the delete ad feature in the Ad Manager not work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

At Trevor - I added them to the site via the ad manager, by the way, to answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by denmanwall2 View Post
                  So, it looks like the "ad_global_below_navbar" and "ad_global_above_footer" templates took the ad code (DoubleClick code) and hard coded it into their respective templates. That seems kind of odd. When I look at those templates using the "Search in Templates" feature in adminCP, it displays the code that I pasted into the Ad Manager screen. When I replace the DoubleClick code with something else, that works. Why would it hard code it instead of calling it from a database field or file or something? Why wouldn't the delete ad feature in the Ad Manager not work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

At Trevor - I added them to the site via the ad manager, by the way, to answer your question.
                  Denm,... thank you for your feedback. issues like this need, no, demand, common feedback. This will be fixed.

Comment

Please fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                    Vote for:

-

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                      Please fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                      Me? or the other guy?.... I have fixed my problem and can delete the erroneous template with ease, was just trying to help with my findings.

Comment