What controls RSS summary length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] What controls RSS summary length

What controls the length of the RSS article summary. In VB4.2 it appears to be around 200 characters. When I was running VB4.1.3 my summaries were much longer. I am not sure where the setting is or what changed. Any ideas?

You are talking about the size of the feed you are outputting, or the size of the preview you input?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      You are talking about the size of the feed you are outputting, or the size of the preview you input?

Size of the article preview outputted in the RSS list. (Not number of articles in RSS list, but character length of each RSS "description" for each article.) I guess it may be hardcoded inside one of the files, and not a setting we can change?

Comment

It is hardcoded. If you need help modifying the code, you should ask for help over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X