Newbie Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Newbie Questions.

I noticed on this link https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php that vbulletin has a column running down the right hand side of the forum, how do you do that?

&

How do you add the small orange rss button/feed to all the categories/sections.

Thanks
    Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
    www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

1. go to AdminCP -> Settings -> Forum Sidebar and Block Options and enable it
    2. go to AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Blocks Manager and Add Block. Add the block you want to display.

Comment

That is the sidebar and can be found under AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Forum Sidebar and Block Options. If you enable the Sidebar, it will not be displayed until you create Forum Blocks to display under AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Blocks Manager.
      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'll give it a go just now.

- - - Updated - - -

I did what you said and nothing has shown up on the forum homepage. Any ideas?
        www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

Comment

Have you added any blocks to it as per post 2 above?
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Yeah I added a custom html to it and nothing has shown up.
            www.koboxingforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by ringnews24 View Post
              Yeah I added a custom html to it and nothing has shown up.
              First add one of the predefined blocks and check if it appears. If yes then your custom code might be wrong.

Comment

Sorry guys I'm used to Joomla and new to VBulletin.

I had the custom HTML in the description box rather than the Content box.

Is there a way to have a forum side bar left and right?
                www.koboxingforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by ringnews24 View Post
                  Is there a way to have a forum side bar left and right?
                  I believe that's possible only with a modification. You should ask for left and right column/blocks at www.vbulletin.org

Comment

The blocks are showing up on the front page of the forum.

Is there away to get them to show up in the article pages? Sub Forums etc..?

Thanks
                    www.koboxingforum.com

Comment

In the CMS you can work with widgets if that's what you want to know.
                      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X