Pruning 3 thousand users..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Pruning 3 thousand users..

I would like to delete 3,650 users from a specific group but when I select this option to prune I get invalid option. If I do a few at a time it works. I tried to disable the plugin system but no affect. VB version 4.2.0 PL3

If you are on shared hosting, you will most likely have to delete them in small groups. Try doing about 1000 at a time. If that doesn't work, try about 500, etc.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Its dedicated I own the server. I tried to do a basic search so it would only pull up a small amount of members at a time but no matter the search criteria it pulls up the same amount everytime

Comment

What specific search criteria are you putting in?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Logged in X amount of days or by m/d/y. They are users awaiting email confirmation. Most of them are spammers so they will never activate.

Comment

Why don't you query directly the database if those users are in the same usergroup?

Comment

I know how to access the database but I do not know the SQL command to run or I would do it this way. The groupID for this is 3

Comment

Originally posted by DoDeH1 View Post
                Why don't you query directly the database if those users are in the same usergroup?
                No, don't do it this way...

What's the oldest registration date for these users? Find that then work in month blocks towards todays date setting the 'Logged in' and 'Posts is less than' values at 1.
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I went to the oldest and started to work my way forward and it is working now, thanks for the tip.

Comment

This is the second time recently that this issue has been brought up. Lynne says she had no trouble pruning 5K (I think) members in one go, however the overwhelming majority can't do more than 1K. Why? What is she doing differently?

Just for the heck of it I made another test site locally and moved all 600K users to the same user group, I can't prune more than 1K no matter what. I don't have a super computer just a quad core with 6GB of ram, but that should be more than enough to handle this.
                    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Lester View Post
                      This is the second time recently that this issue has been brought up. Lynne says she had no trouble pruning 5K (I think) members in one go, however the overwhelming majority can't do more than 1K. Why? What is she doing differently?

Just for the heck of it I made another test site locally and moved all 600K users to the same user group, I can't prune more than 1K no matter what. I don't have a super computer just a quad core with 6GB of ram, but that should be more than enough to handle this.
                      Stab in the dark, but: What do you have set for your max allowed packet in my.cnf?
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I don't have a my.cnf file on my machine
                        BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Lester View Post
                          I have my own dedicated server so I may change any settings I need to in order to have it function how I want.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Only thing in mine is this

[mysqld]
                            innodb_file_per_table=1
                            default-storage-engine=MyISAM

I felt that the default setting works just as well incase that helped any. The most users I could do at a time were 980.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                              I have my own dedicated server so I may change any settings I need to in order to have it function how I want.
                              I remember that bit I can change any setting on the local machine for testing (assuming I can find it ) ... but I still can't prune more than 1100 (was the most I got to successfully prune yesterday)

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X