auto user promotion issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] auto user promotion issue

Alright, I have a promotion set up that promotes users from a "new member" to a "registered user" when they've been registered for 14 days and have made 20 posts. My scheduled task has this promotion scheduled. However, this is one user who has 300+ posts and 6+ months registered and hasn't been promoted to the registered usergroup. He's not the only one. What gives? I'm not sure how I can investigate or fix this, but it looks like not everyone (anyone?) is getting promoted as they should.
    Check out my creative writing forum.

Has he logged in since the last time it ran?

Comment

Have same question. I've made new promotion which should be effected after 30 posts, but status for such users still "Junior member". What should I change?

Comment

Originally posted by _Avalon_ View Post
        Have same question. I've made new promotion which should be effected after 30 posts, but status for such users still "Junior member". What should I change?
        AdminCP->User Title Manager
        and set title with minimum posts

then update user titles and ranks (AdminCP->User Title Manager -> General Update Tools) click on General Update Tools button.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

1 question -yes
          2 Done

Nothing changed. User Title is same "Junior member", but according to group I've made in Usergroups - it should be changed to "User"

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
          AdminCP->User Title Manager
          and set title with minimum posts.
          You mean that settings of posts in User Title manager should be same as in new group I've created? I thought, that new permissions as well as new status should be applied automatically when quantity of posts will be more than 30..

Comment

Originally posted by _Avalon_ View Post
            1 question -yes
            2 Done

Nothing changed. User Title is same "Junior member", but according to group I've made in Usergroups - it should be changed to "User"

- - - Updated - - -

You mean that settings of posts in User Title manager should be same as in new group I've created? I thought, that new permissions as well as new status should be applied automatically when quantity of posts will be more than 30..

no It shouldn't, I mean do that if you only need to change the user title not permissions. you should set a promote.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

So this field in UserGroup manager is not appers:

User Title (Use this to override the default 'ladder' of user titles)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
              no It shouldn't, I mean do that if you only need to change the user title not permissions. you should set a promote.
              That's clear. So my question is why when new promotion must be effected - title not changed to new

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X