Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unregistered users can delete and add tags to threads made by users from this usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unregistered users can delete and add tags to threads made by users from this usergroup

But they should not be able to do it because I set the following options to "No".

Can Tag Others' Threads
    Can Delete Tags on Own Threads

Any idea why and how to fix this?

Are you using a secondary usergroup?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

I am not sure, how can I find out?

Comment

When looking at the userprofile in AdminCP you will find the Primary Usergroup and the Additional Usergroups. Is there any additional usergroup checked?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
          When looking at the userprofile in AdminCP you will find the Primary Usergroup and the Additional Usergroups. Is there any additional usergroup checked?
          If you look at the title, though, this is the Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup, which, of course, is guests, so there would be no profiles to check in the Admin CP.
          Former vBulletin user

Comment

Sometimes my questions are having reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
              Which profile should I check out? As Amaury25 said, there is no "unregistered" profile AFAIK.
              Sorry for asking stupid questions but I am a bit confused.

Comment

Are those that are deleting tags logged in but in that usergroup or is anyone able to randomly come along and delete tags?
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Anyone unregistered can manage tags in threads made by other unregistered users. I tried that in a different browser and also via anonymouse.org.

Comment

Now I have disabled creating tags for unregistered users (so now they do not have any permission to do anything with them) but they are still able to manage them (in threads made by this usergoup). This is really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by pokusek View Post
                      but they are still able to manage them (in threads made by this usergoup). This is really weird.
                      That should be because of that you allowed unregistered users to create threads.

Comment

Well, but that still doesn't explain why the option "Can Delete Tags on Own Threads" isn't working. And if the option "Can Tag Others' Threads" is applied only to threads of registered users, there should be a way to disable managing tags for this usergroup.

Comment

Bump. Could you please suggest me a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by pokusek View Post
                            Bump. Could you please suggest me a solution?
                            Disable tag options for guest..
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                              Disable tag options for guest..
                              I did. Following options are not allowed, yet they can do with tags whatever they want.

Can Tag Own Threads
                              Can Tag Others' Threads
                              Can Delete Tags on Own Threads
                              Can Create Tags
                              Last edited by pokusek; Fri 16 Nov '12, 11:58am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X