Possible to create a new page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Possible to create a new page

I'd like to add a couple pages to the menu: What's New, Articles, Forum, Blogs. Is there a way to add a new page within these links? Just looking for a starting point.

Appreciate any help.

In adminCP go to Settings -> Navigation Manager and Add Tab. Name it and link it to your new page.

Comment

Originally posted by DoDeH1 View Post
      In adminCP go to Settings -> Navigation Manager and Add Tab. Name it and link it to your new page.
      Ok, easy enough thank you for that.. but I don't see how you create that new page dynamically.

This is very difficult for a non-programmer.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so I came across a tutorial but I need some help.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228112

Apparently, the above article allows you to create custom pages. However, I'm not understanding the following:

Open up test.php and add the following (replace TEST with whatever template you want to show - WARNING: the template name is CASE SENSITIVE!!!):
      I'm not sure what template I want to show, how would I know what this is?
      Last edited by deafmonkey; Sat 3 Nov '12, 2:31pm.

Comment

Dear deafmonkey,

first of all what kind of pages you want to create?
        The easy way is to create articles (in the CMS) and then the article's link add to Navigation Manager. Why articles? Because it's very easy to create it by adding text, formating it, adding pictures, etc.
        From the CMS side you may also create html and php pages.

Comment

first of all what kind of pages you want to create?
          The easy way is to create articles (in the CMS) and then the article's link add to Navigation Manager. Why articles? Because it's very easy to create it by adding text, formating it, adding pictures, etc.
          From the CMS side you may also create html and php pages.
          Thanks for your help, using articles and linking to them via the Navigation Manager is great - however - the active link always goes back to the "Articles" tab up top. If I create an "About" button, I need it to stay on About, not Articles. So that's the first problem with that method.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is create a new page (can be html or php, doesn't matter) but it has to have the same template/style as the rest of the site. Just replace the content with new content such as About or Services for example.

Comment

So you mean that U want to land on a page with different layout then the Articles' layout?
            Sorry but I don't really understand what U mean Or U mean that clicking on the link "About" gets U to the Articles page?

Comment

See the screenshot. This is what it looks like when I click the "About" article/page. About should be highlighted, not Articles. So I need to find a way to highlight About when it is selected. See what I mean?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	3690642

Comment

There is a thread over on vbulletin.org, the modification site, about ways to get the navtabs to stay highlighted. You will need a plugin to get the article tab to stay highlighted. Help with plugins is given over on vbulletin.org

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by deafmonkey View Post
                  See the screenshot. This is what it looks like when I click the "About" article/page. About should be highlighted, not Articles. So I need to find a way to highlight About when it is selected. See what I mean?
                  I see what U want.

If U wish to stay with Navigation Manager then:
                  1. Put the Target URL to your url
                  2. Set to YES the Append 'tabid' to URL
                  3. Put in the Tab Script(s): vbcms

This solution is in case you have all the pages as articles.

Comment

I see what U want.

If U wish to stay with Navigation Manager then:
                    1. Put the Target URL to your url
                    2. Set to YES the Append 'tabid' to URL
                    3. Put in the Tab Script(s): vbcms

This solution is in case you have all the pages as articles.
                    I was just about ready to give up too

Thank you very much, it works!

Comment

Glad to help U

Comment