Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cms permission doesn't work properly 4.2.0 Users can change layout-meta tag etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    If you grant a higher level permission, it grants lower level permissions.

Giving users publish access, includes permission to edit others articles.

Leave a comment:

• Adom7
    replied
    "a hierarchical permissions system" I am having difficulty understanding you, guys.
    I set the group not to edit others' articles and frontpage layout but they can do that. You name it "
    a hierarchical permissions system". I think it is a sort of useless permission system.

Anyway, I am going to set it up only for mods and admins.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Adom7 View Post
    So it's a bug.
    Up
    No, not a bug, a hierarchical permissions system.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    So it's a bug.
    Doesn't seem like a bug to me..
    Remove the option for them to publish if you don't want them to have access.

Leave a comment:

• Adom7
    replied
    So it's a bug.
    Up

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    If "Can Publish" is set to Yes, all the other permissions to the left of it become Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Cms permission doesn't work properly 4.2.0 Users can change layout-meta tag etc.

I have already posted the issue here https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...age-of-section
    But I guess, I should have posted it my own thread. Nobody cares

Same issue that I am facing with it on my site.
    I let the users in a specific user group to creat an article on cms, they not only edit their own articles but they also can edit section/metatag etc. and others' articles on every categ/sect.

Club Member can read -yes Can Download Attachments -yes Create Content- yes Edit Others' Content- no Can Publish- yes Can Use HTML in CMS Content- no

Thread's started in 2011, but the problem is still alive?:S
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X