Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cms permission doesn't work properly 4.2.0 Users can change layout-meta tag etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Cms permission doesn't work properly 4.2.0 Users can change layout-meta tag etc.

I have already posted the issue here https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...age-of-section
    But I guess, I should have posted it my own thread. Nobody cares

Originally posted by Adom7 View Post
    Same issue that I am facing with it on my site.
    I let the users in a specific user group to creat an article on cms, they not only edit their own articles but they also can edit section/metatag etc. and others' articles on every categ/sect.

Club Member can read -yes Can Download Attachments -yes Create Content- yes Edit Others' Content- no Can Publish- yes Can Use HTML in CMS Content- no

Thread's started in 2011, but the problem is still alive?:S
    Need more help!

The City of Antalya / Turkiye

If "Can Publish" is set to Yes, all the other permissions to the left of it become Yes.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

So it's a bug.
      Up
      Need more help!

Comment

So it's a bug.
        Doesn't seem like a bug to me..
        Remove the option for them to publish if you don't want them to have access.
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

So it's a bug.
          Up
          No, not a bug, a hierarchical permissions system.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

"a hierarchical permissions system" I am having difficulty understanding you, guys.
            I set the group not to edit others' articles and frontpage layout but they can do that. You name it "
            a hierarchical permissions system". I think it is a sort of useless permission system.

Anyway, I am going to set it up only for mods and admins.
            Thanks
            Need more help!

Comment

If you grant a higher level permission, it grants lower level permissions.

Giving users publish access, includes permission to edit others articles.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X