Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook Login for IE10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Facebook Login for IE10

    It s not possible to login Forum via Facebook in IE10 (Win8). Any updates or solution??
    | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

    [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

  • #2
    It looks like its a problem on facebook's end, and this is a semi-recent change.

    It may be a part of the do not track settings enabled by default

    Comment


    • #3
      How to change it??
      | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

      [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't actually think that is the cause. Sadly there is nothing we can do until Facebook fixes it.

        Comment


        • #5
          /clientscript/vbulletin_facebook.js?v=420c


          if(is_ie){
          FB.UIServer.setActiveNode=function(C,B){
          FB.UIServer._active[C.id]=B
          };
          FB.UIServer.setLoadedNode=function(C,B){
          FB.UIServer._loadedNodes[C.id]=B
          }

          }

          This block needs to be <IE10. Then it will work.

          The amount of is_ie codes is huge and I'd say most of them have to be disabled for IE10.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Riasat View Post
            /clientscript/vbulletin_facebook.js?v=420c


            if(is_ie){
            FB.UIServer.setActiveNode=function(C,B){
            FB.UIServer._active[C.id]=B
            };
            FB.UIServer.setLoadedNode=function(C,B){
            FB.UIServer._loadedNodes[C.id]=B
            }

            }

            This block needs to be <IE10. Then it will work.

            The amount of is_ie codes is huge and I'd say most of them have to be disabled for IE10.
            will new update of vb4 corrects this issue?
            | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

            [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

            Comment


            • #7
              http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15515

              Originally posted by sivaganesh View Post
              will new update of vb4 corrects this issue?
              I have submitted a bug report. If the bug is fixed, then updating to latest version (at that time) will fix it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Find the specific javascript file on your sever.
                Search for is_ie
                Replace with if (is_ie && YAHOO.env.ua.ie < 10)

                So it will look like:
                Code:
                    if (is_ie && YAHOO.env.ua.ie < 10) {
                        FB.UIServer.setActiveNode = function(C, B) {
                            FB.UIServer._active[C.id] = B
                        };
                        FB.UIServer.setLoadedNode = function(C, B) {
                            FB.UIServer._loadedNodes[C.id] = B
                        }
                    }
                This will fix the bug for now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Okay tried on all my sites and issue still persist on all my sites. :'(
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Steve
                  DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                    Okay tried on all my sites and issue still persist on all my sites. :'(
                    Did you try the fix above?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FaceBook has become nothing but a problem. I have the same issue. And I just looked at the top of your page, and you are missing it also. Please let us know if you come up with a patch. I like patch options over total upgrades. Every time FB make changes like this it costs the computer industry Hundreds of thousands of dollars in man hours. They need to make a standard and just stick to it.



                      I volunteer to kick Mark Zuckerburg in the nads for causing problems.... Again.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by camoit View Post
                        FaceBook has become nothing but a problem. I have the same issue. And I just looked at the top of your page, and you are missing it also. Please let us know if you come up with a patch. I like patch options over total upgrades. Every time FB make changes like this it costs the computer industry Hundreds of thousands of dollars in man hours. They need to make a standard and just stick to it.



                        I volunteer to kick Mark Zuckerburg in the nads for causing problems.... Again.....
                        Lol. The problem was with IE and so vB din write the fb login and many other functionality for IE. We all should request vB to release the next version compatible with IE10

                        (if) You can report bugs to the FB team and they fix it on their end.
                        Last edited by sivaganesh; Sun 25th Nov '12, 12:40am.
                        | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

                        [For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This issue is still there. Any fixes?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by adeel786 View Post
                            This issue is still there. Any fixes?
                            It's still not working on this forum, so I'd say, no.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi All,

                              This is a simple update to fix the issues with Facebook Connect for IE versions 10 AND prior...or at least back to version 7. It is actually just a simple modification of Riasat's Post above. Just do as he suggests, but change the "< 10" to "< 7" and it will work in IE versions 7, 8, 9, and 10. This was causing me heartburn for the longest time

                              Riasat's original post:


                              Find the specific javascript file on your sever.

                              Search for is_ie

                              Replace with if (is_ie && YAHOO.env.ua.ie < 10)



                              So it will look like:



                              Code:



                              if (is_ie && YAHOO.env.ua.ie < 10) {
                              FB.UIServer.setActiveNode = function(C, B) {
                              FB.UIServer._active[C.id] = B
                              };
                              FB.UIServer.setLoadedNode = function(C, B) {
                              FB.UIServer._loadedNodes[C.id] = B
                              }
                              }


                              This will fix the bug for now.

                              Comment


                              • quitsmoking
                                quitsmoking commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks. Worked for me.

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X