Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace
    replied
    Hey Hartmut, how many 5.0.x database imports into a 5.5.x mysql instance have you managed successfully?

I don't actually think it's possible, and that the only option would be to install a 5.0.x mysql instance, import the 5.0.x db, then upgrade that to 5.1, maybe dump the db, then upgrade to 5.5, then dump the 5.5 version of the db..

If you have another idea, there's probably hundreds, if not thousands of people out there (based on my google search) that would love to know.

*edit* Here's what mysql has to say on the matter - (don't skip a release.)
    Last edited by Ace; Sun 21 Oct '12, 1:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• ringo47
    replied
    Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
    I know, still: if you want me to help, please let me know the query which caused the problem in line 24993 according to your error message.
    mysql -u username -p v_bulletin < backup.sql

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    I know, still: if you want me to help, please let me know the query which caused the problem in line 24993 according to your error message.

Leave a comment:

• ringo47
    replied
    I need a little bit more input as this topic is quite big.
    Here is what I know:

My backup.SQL file will import into my database using MySQL 5.0.95 using the script

using the same script with MySQL 5.5.14 I have problems (as stated above) caused by the MySQL version change/upgrade.

I am simply looking for a workaround (if there is one) to import my backup.SQL file into 5.5.14.

Stated another way I upgraded my server MySQL before trying to import my backup.SQL from my computer. The backup.SQL was dumped from the server using an earlier version of MySQL.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    Originally posted by ringo47 View Post
    All of the errors that I posted previously:
    OK, i understand. What I now need is the query which caused this error message. It must be something like CREATE TABLE... etc.
    I need a little bit more input as this topic is quite big.

Leave a comment:

• ringo47
    replied
    What error do you get when you run mysql from SSH? Usually there should be no problem to restore such a file.
    All of the errors that I posted previously:

I have attempted to fix messages as I have received them by searching the Internet.

For example "TYPE = MYISM" needed to be changed to "ENGINE=MYISM"

I did this and the "TYPE = MYISM" went away but a new compatibility problem came up:

"TYPE = HEAP" need to be changed to "ENGINE = HEAP"

I did this and then a new problem shows up:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 24993: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) NOT NULL,
    `userid` int(11) default NULL,
    `banneduserid` int(11) default' at line 2

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    What error do you get when you run mysql from SSH? Usually there should be no problem to restore such a file.

Leave a comment:

• ringo47
    replied
    OK, i understand. What I now need is the query which caused this error message. It must be something like CREATE TABLE... etc.
    I'm simply trying to import my backup.sql file into the server MySQL database using SSH and the script:

I'm doing this because what I did previously was a complete server reimage and now creating new MySQL databases.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

After doing some more Internet surfing regarding my problem it appears that before I upgraded MySQL versions I should have created my MySQL databases under the old version of MySQL then upgraded MySQL and after that run MySQL_upgrade. I did not do this.

That's why am trying to understand what I might do to solve the MySQL incompatibility problem,

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ringo47
    replied
    What are the exact error messages you are getting when you trxy to import the backup into your new database?
    I have attempted to fix messages as I have received them by searching the Internet.

For example "TYPE = MYISM" needed to be changed to "ENGINE=MYISM"

I did this and the "TYPE = MYISM" went away but a new compatibility problem came up:

"TYPE = HEAP" need to be changed to "ENGINE = HEAP"

I did this and then a new problem shows up:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 24993: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) NOT NULL,
    `userid` int(11) default NULL,
    `banneduserid` int(11) default' at line 2

At this point I gave up and am posting for help here.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    What are the exact error messages you are getting when you trxy to import the backup into your new database?

Leave a comment:

• Need help with MySQL versions vbulletin backup file incompatibility

I have a form backup sql file that was made on a server running MySQL 5.0.95 and am trying to import it onto a server running MySQL 5.5.14 and am running into MySQL backup file incompatibility problems.

Here's the rest of the story.

I had VBULLETIN 4 installed on my server and somehow it got phished and at the time I was not really using vbulletin board so I eliminated it completely making a backup sql.

I now have a need to reinstall vbulletin and in anticipation of the new vbulletin 5, prior to reinstalling vbulletin 4, I upgraded the server (1&1 VPS using my PLESK control panel) to MYSQL 5.5.14 (using the Plesk MySQL component upgrade).

I then tried to import the previously made vbulletin MySQL backup file and am running into all kinds of MYSQL incompatibility problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X