Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you export members' email addresses? I need them for sending the custom newsletters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do you export members' email addresses? I need them for sending the custom newsletters

Please let me know if anyone knows the answer.

It depends on the format you need but usually you can export the table 'user' in a different format right from the database using phpMyAdmin.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by benative View Post
      Please let me know if anyone knows the answer.
      Go to Admin/Users/Generate Mailing List

"Text to separate addresses by: This is a space by default, but you may wish to produce, CSV (in this case use a comma) or quoted CSV (use: "," in this case, including the quotes), so both of these are possible."

Then click GO.

This will spill all of your email addresses into a convenient page you can select/copy/paste into a Notepad.

From the Notepad, you can upload the mailing list to your email program for sending to the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
      It depends on the format you need but usually you can export the table 'user' in a different format right from the database using phpMyAdmin.
      Hartmut,

If I export the table titled "User", will the data include the User Name, User Email Address, and all other User items?

DAVID COPELAND
      Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
      Celebrating 19 Years with VB

Comment

Originally posted by David Copeland View Post
        Hartmut,

If I export the table titled "User", will the data include the User Name, User Email Address, and all other User items?
        Yes it will, the complete content of table 'user' will be exported then. When using the .csv format you can edit the export afterwards (e.g. with Excel) and delete the informations you don't need/want. Profilfields will not be exported, they are in another table.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

I have several custom profile fields in each user account. What do you suggest for exporting both of these items so that the users are matched up with their respective custom profiles?

Also, if I use a data program to fix or modify or add more user names and profiles, is it feasible that I could upload (and override) the files with the new ones so that will appear in the adminCP?

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

Anyone?

How can I export custom profile fields that are tied to the User Name?

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

You'd have to write custom queries to export the data via MySQL.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X