Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Permissions] Allow member to create & edit styles w/o giving access to all forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] [Permissions] Allow member to create & edit styles w/o giving access to all forums

Hi,

I've got a member interested in working on a style for my site. However, I don't want this member to have access to the "management" forums. Is there a way to do this? My first plan of attack was to set the Administrators check in their additional usergroups option, and then to give them admin access only to administer styles.

This works for the style side, but they can view every forum we have. How can I limit that while retaining the style permissions?

Thanks much!
    Timothy

i guess you simply have to either trust him or don't give away that kind of access. What you can do is: setup a test forum and protect it with .htaccess so that nobody can see it. There - for the empy forum - you give the person admin status and he is starting to do the style you want. After he is finished, you download the style from there and import it into your life forum. In this way he will not gain access to anything from your life site. Afterwards delete the test forum again.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Ok - thank you. Is there a place I can look to learn how to set up a test forum & protect it with .htaccess?

Comment

Well, just set up a new forum like you did with your life site. .htaccess if a password protection so that nobody is allowed to watch the test forum.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Griphus View Post
          Ok - thank you. Is there a place I can look to learn how to set up a test forum & protect it with .htaccess?
          https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...ng-A-Test-Site
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Awesome - thank you - much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Griphus View Post
              Awesome - thank you - much appreciated.
              No problem.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X