Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private Forum showing in Activity Stream to people who shouldn't see thread titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Private Forum showing in Activity Stream to people who shouldn't see thread titles

Hi

Got a forum category that I have always allowed the members to see, but not the threads or content. Then those who have access to it see everything.

So the setting for all usergroups is defaulted as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-15 at 17.35.36.png
Views:	1
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	3724883

But since the Activity Stream has been knocking about, it turns out unless I turn the setting off at the top, people can see thread titles.

How can I stop this?

Right now I've turned it off, so they can't see the forum category at all unless given access to the usergroup.

I've always wanted them to see it so they can see what they need to do to get in there by reading the category description. Which explains they need to post a bit and provide good advice to the rest of the forum etc.

I believe that this could be a bug with the permissions. Please report this to JIRA so that it can get fixed for 4.2.1.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Nix.

Seems to be fixed. At least for me.
      Last edited by PoC; Mon 10th Dec '12, 3:48am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X