Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] No navigation manager in the admin panel

Hello,

we made some pretty big changes in our forums today and realized we can't edit the 'home' / forum /what's new tabs, since there's no link in the admin panel to the navigation manager. If I go to the navigation area via the link I use on another forum (navigation.php?do=list), sure with a different domain name, I am sent to the first page of the forum with no error or anything.

Do you know what might cause this to happen. Incomplete files? or? We had VB advanced a while ago, could this be an issue?
    Thank you in advance.
    Webmaster Tips & Tricks

Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server then re-run the upgrade script.

Does this resolve the problem?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by dojo View Post
      Hello,

we made some pretty big changes in our forums today and realized we can't edit the 'home' / forum /what's new tabs, since there's no link in the admin panel to the navigation manager. If I go to the navigation area via the link I use on another forum (navigation.php?do=list), sure with a different domain name, I am sent to the first page of the forum with no error or anything.

Do you know what might cause this to happen. Incomplete files? or? We had VB advanced a while ago, could this be an issue?
      Thank you in advance.
      Are you using the 4.2 version?

Comment

I have just upgraded to 4.2. Now the link to the manager APPEARS in my admin, but, when I click on it, the forum home page loads instead of it. We cannot run with ACTIVITY on the first page, it will mess up all our SEO. Is there a possibility I can disable this from the SQL? Really appreciate any imput.

http://ourforum/forum/ouradmindir/navigation.php

Gets me to http://ourforum/forum/activity.php

Now that's weird.
        Webmaster Tips & Tricks

Comment

Did you check AdminCP -> Settings -> Navigation Manager and set the correct tab as default?
          No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

I can't access it. When I click on that link I get the forum homepage to show instead of the navigation manager. That's what I am trying to explain
            What do you think might cause this? I have opened a support ticket too, maybe I can get some ideas.

ticket id: 1155172
            Webmaster Tips & Tricks

Comment

One of us will fetch your ticket and check it ourselfs, I'm positive that we get this working.
              No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Really appreciate it. The activity stream is kinda messing up our SEO and I'm sure the community wouldn't enjoy it either. Hope it can be solved. I would have set it in the database, but I don't know what table to alter and I presume that, if I am not a programmer, I shouldn't mess with a half a million post forum database
                Webmaster Tips & Tricks

Comment

Did this ever get sorted out? I'm having the exact same problem.

Comment

Your forum is running VB 4.1.11 - The Navigation Manager was added in 4.2.0. You should upgrade to 4.2.1 to get access to it. In 4.1.11 all changes required manual edits or plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
                      Your forum is running VB 4.1.11 - The Navigation Manager was added in 4.2.0. You should upgrade to 4.2.1 to get access to it. In 4.1.11 all changes required manual edits or plugins.
                      I've installed 4.2.1 on a test forum (local virtual machine). Everything seems to work ok, but when I click on the navigation manager my website's main page loads in the right frame of the admin interface.

I'm not able to give you access to view the forum, since it's a local install.

I've disabled all plugins, as well as re-uploaded new install files, and there's no change.

Comment

Is there an error message? Do you have VBSEO? Have up updated the templates it tells you to update after the 4.2.1 upgrade? (It should tell you about them at the top of the Admin CP)

Comment

Is there an error message?
                          -no, it's as dojo described, in the right panel the main page of my site loads. I still see the admin left panel.

Do you have VBSEO?
                          -yes, however it, along with all other plugins have been disabled.

Have up updated the templates it tells you to update after the 4.2.1 upgrade? (It should tell you about them at the top of the Admin CP)
                          -yes, all templates are up to date.

Comment

VBSEO causes all "404 Page Not Found" errors to instead re-direct to your homepage. I believe that is a function of the htaccess file and not disabled when you disable the product.

My guess is the new Navigation manager php file did not get uploaded to your admincp directory. Most likely explanation is you have a custom admincp directory name but did not change the directory name to match the custom name before you uploaded.

In any case verify what directory your admincp uses and then make sure the file navigation.php is in it.

Comment

I figured it out. The giveaway was this:

Code:
                              [Wed Jun 26 09:28:58 2013] [error] [client 204.154.XXX.XXX] SoftException in Application.cpp:357: UID of script "/home/XXX/public_html/forum/admincp/navigation.php" is smaller than min_uid, referer: http://www.XXX.com/forum/admincp/index.php?do=nav
                              The problem was that I was uploading files to my cpanel server as root. Once I deleted the file, and uploaded it as the correct user / account everything worked fine.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment