Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part of post content only visible to certain usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Part of post content only visible to certain usergroup?

Is there any way I or my users can compose a post that has certain parts only visible to a chosen usergroup? For example, a post like this:

for Visitor Not Logged In
    ================

Hi, everyone, I wrote a PHP script for you guys that would help you address the problem. Download link is here:

<<<This section is only visible to registered users.>>>

================

for Logged In members (or a specified usergroup such as paid members)
    ================

Hi, everyone, I wrote a PHP script for you guys that would help you address the problem. Download link is here:

http://www.example.com/download.zip

================

I know I can do this with attachment but it doesn't seem intuitive for just a small line of information such as a download URL, a password, a few sentences, etc.

Any way I can achieve this? Thank you!
    Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

I remember that there are so-called 'spoiler' addons on www.vbulletin.org, you should start a request there as this function is not a vbulletin standard feature.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. The spoiler tag seems to be only able to hide the text with javascript and emerge itself if the user wishes to.

I have a premium membership in my forum that registered users must pay to get in.

I want to display public part of the post content to everyone (not logged in, such as those from Google; and registered users) so they are motivated to join the premium membership so they can view the secret part of the post content.

Is there any other way I can achieve this other than the spoiler tag?
      Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

Originally posted by immediate View Post
        Is there any other way I can achieve this other than the spoiler tag?
        Maybe you should start a request at vbulletin.org as i believe there it fits better
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment