Facebook is using member's avatars as Thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook is using member's avatars as Thumbnails

FYI - I did a search for "Facebook" in this fourm and didn't find any already posted answers.

When I send/post a link to our new forum via Facebook, it shows a Thumbnail of one of our members.
    How can I change this so NO member's avatars show up in FB's Thumbnails?

Thanks in advance.
    Joey

I'm not sure how it's work but I guess when you try to post something to facebook, you have the option to choose the photo / - or to display none) you want to be appear near the photo. I'll try to Publish *this post* to Facebook and see what will happen!

Update: this message show up:

Post on your behalf
    This app may post on your behalf, including status updates, photos and more.

I Allow then no avatar shows in my facebook page, just the post.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

This is still happening on my vb forum. When someone posts a thread from the forum to facebook it picks the closest image, regardless of it having anything to do with the thread it's posting to facebook.

Is there a way to assign the forum itself it's own avatar so that this doesn't happen? It's weird when I post a thread to facebook about marbles, and an avatar for someone's company posts on facebook as the image for that thread about marbles.

Comment

Working...
      X