Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Weird issue when editing post

This is vBulletin 4.2 PL2

For clarification, I found a bunch of files yesterday that had weird md5 crap injected into them, so it appears some sort of hack possibly. 4.2 was completely reinstalled and I went through every single folder to look around for dated files to ensure nothing else remained. The board is up and running fine now with one outstanding issue I just noticed...

I edit a post and all seems fine. I click on "save" and I see the rotating clock or whatever it is, but it stays at that screen and doesn't revert out of the editing position. But, if I click out of the thread, and go back in, the post remains edited and all is fine.

Anyone see this before?

Thanks!

-Jim

Don't forget to change passwords for your host so that nobody can access FTP once again. Also inform your hoster about this in order to check how this happened. Otherwise this will happen to you again and again.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
      Don't forget to change passwords for your host so that nobody can access FTP once again. Also inform your hoster about this in order to check how this happened. Otherwise this will happen to you again and again.
      All done already, thanks!!

I think if I can figure out why this editing of posts is doing this, all will finally be back to normal.

-Jim

Comment

Have you run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions to verify all files are default?

Have you tried this with a totally default style? Create a new style with no parent:
        • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
        • Parent Style: No Parent Style
        • Title: Default vBulletin
        • Allow User Selection: Yes
        • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when you try to edit a post?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          Have you run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions to verify all files are default?

Have you tried this with a totally default style? Create a new style with no parent:
          • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
          • Parent Style: No Parent Style
          • Title: Default vBulletin
          • Allow User Selection: Yes
          • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when you try to edit a post?
          I can't find any issues with the files. I did create a new style, no parent, default, yes to allow user selection - and I'm seeing the same thing. I am going to try and edit this post once I submit to ensure I am not getting this wrong. I see the options to save, cancel (i forget the other 2), but 4 buttons. When I click save, it does save my edits, but remains at the same page with the 4 buttons. Is that normal, or shouldn't it then take you back to the main thread where the post is as if you never edited?

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it matters, but I edited the post above and added 3 dots, after I hit "save", the save button disappeared. On my site, the save button remains as if you are still in edit mode.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X